It was a year to forget for many reasons but the world kept turning and Fleet Auto News kept publishing. During 2020 we celebrated our 5th anniversary so by the end of the year we had published over 1,700 articles and sent 291 weekly newsletters since we started in 2015.
With so many articles published, the most clicked stories are some of the older ones and more people are turning to FAN for industry statistics and as a source of information on topics likes novated leasing, electric vehicles and fleet safety.
The topics readers clicked on the most in 2020 were:
- Novated leasing
- People in the fleet industry
- Industry Statistics
- Historical pump prices in Australia
- Electric vehicles
- Heavy vehicles
- Novated lease car reviews
- Global news
- Industry suppliers
There’s no surprise that Australia’s top selling vehicle and a story about Holden were included in the top 10 articles from 2020. Used car prices were a big deal in 2020 and the dramatic decline in April caught the attention of FAN readers. But there was no need to worry because prices only dropped for a short time and then the market saw spectacular increases later in the year.
The most popular article in 2020 confirms organisations turn to FAN when looking for information and making decisions about their fleet.
We drove the Toyota Hiace LWB and SLWB for several weeks earlier in the year and then published the review in April crowning the Hiace ‘The cargo king’. In June the interest in the article spiked and then continued to climb all year.
Our guess is the demand for online shopping required businesses to deliver more goods and while searching for vehicles to add to their fleet they were steered to FAN. When we checked the 2020 VFACTS results, Hiace sales increased by 37% compared to 2019 in a declining market; FAN will take some credit for that.
Here are the top 10 articles for 2020.
- Toyota Hiace – The new cargo king
- 2020 HiLux details you need to know
- End of an era – Last lap for Holden at 2020 Bathurst 1000
- Launch of 2020 Novated Leasing Guide.
- The top 10 Novated lease vehicles of 2019.
- Interview with Eclipx CEO Julian Russell.
- Insurer denies claim due to worn tyres.
- Toyota RAV4 GXL Hybrid – RAVTACULAR.
- Used car prices plunge as buyers go on leave. (This was published early in 2020).
- First prosecution under Chain of Responsibility Laws.