– By Marc Sibbald –
At the start of each new year we tend to reflect and review on the events of the previous year. I think 2018 was a interesting year in the fleet business with many technologies that have been around for a while gaining acceptance across the industry. From telematics to mobility there were many topics covered by Fleet Auto News that seemed like a dream only a few short years ago.
During the second half of 2018 Eclipx Group found itself under siege from several suitors after a poor results announcement. SG Fleet made the first bid with McMillan Shakespeare emerging as victorious. The new entity will become the first Australian mega-FMO being almost double the size of its nearest competitor.
My prediction for 2019 is electric vehicles. After driving several EVs in 2018 I can easily seen how they can be integrated into a fleet carparc, or as a family vehicle. I believe the change in mindset has already happen with Fleet Managers. And the fleet drivers will be more accepting of this new technology to make the integration into fleets will be easier than we expected.
So while there were many newsworthy events last year that attracted the attention of Fleet Auto News readers, the list of popular fleet articles from 2018 contains several that are being used as a resource by the industry which make us happy at Fleet Auto News.
Top 10 Fleet Articles in 2018
- GVM, TARE and GTM – What do they mean?
- Historical ULP and diesel pump prices.
- Will SG Fleet buy Eclipx Group?
- Big change coming in the accounting treatment to operating leases.
- WA Government fleet contract winners and losers.
- Have you wondered how many fleets there are in Australia?
- 2018 AfMA fleet conference and exhibition – Did you see these suppliers?
- The top 10 novated lease vehicles in 2017.
- FAN talks to Bevan Guest – Managing Director at Fleetplus.
- Pickles Auctions data shows fleets what’s hot; and what’s not.