Volkswagen Australia has released the pricing and specifications on the upgraded Tiguan Allspace which would be a great family car to include in a novated lease. The Allspace model range adds is longer than the standard Tiguan which allows a third row of seating to make it a seven seat SUV perfect for a growing family.
Reading through the changes, VW has responded to customer preferences and realigned the model range to provide more powerful engines and it has converted the popular R-Line option pack into it’s own model which will be a winner with novated lease buyers.
The Tiguan Allspace is also popular with fleet customers that needed the extra space for carrying equipment or goods.
With the exception of the front-wheel-drive 110TSI Life, Tiguan Allspace features 4MOTION all-wheel-drive driven via Volkswagen’s 7-speed wet DSG transmission. There are three tunes of four-cylinder turbo petrol engine or a turbo diesel.
As with last year’s revisions to the Tiguan normal wheelbase (NWB), the R-Line package becomes a standalone model in the Tiguan Allspace range, reflecting the overwhelming preference of Elegance grade customers for the previously optional R-Line additions.
Further, the renewed Tiguan Allspace shares the design and infotainment upgrades that have elevated its more compact sibling. Among the Allspace’s new standard fixtures are Digital Cockpit Pro, LED headlights, two-part LED tail lights, new front and rear bumper design, digital radio, wireless charging and wireless App-Connect.
At 4.701 metres the Tiguan Allspace is almost 22cm longer than the NWB Tiguan, its additional 10.6cm rear overhang allows for the addition of two seats in the third row.
All seats up, the Allspace retains 230 litres storage. As compared with the NWB Tiguan, the Allspace with two seats up has 700 litres storage as opposed to 615; and 1775 litres with row seats two down as opposed to 1665.
In addition to its extra storage and seats over the Tiguan NWB, the Allspace Life further adds standard wireless phone charging and a torch fitted in the boot.
The Allspace Elegance and Allspace R-Line grades also feature wireless phone charging, ventilated front seats, heated outboard seats in the second row and, of course, that handy torch over the equivalent Tiguan NWBs, plus the above capacity advantage.
Brand Director of Volkswagen Passenger Vehicles Michal Szaniecki says that the Tiguan Allspace range has been realigned to reflect customer preference and that the Elegance and R-Line variants would prove to be the most popular, the latter most of all.
“It’s vital to have a strong entry variant and for many people the 110TSI is all the SUV they would want,” Mr Szaniecki said. “As ever, though, our customers gravitate toward the top of our ranges and that’s why Elegance and R-Line comprise four of the six Allspace versions available.
“You can have the diesel or the quickest petrol engine in either form.”
|Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Life||$44,590 (110TSI)|
- 1.4 litre 4-cylinder TSI 110kW/250Nm; 6-speed DSG ; front-wheel-drive (110TSI)
- 2.0 litre 4-cylinder TSI 132kW/320Nm; 7-speed DSG; 4MOTION (132TSI)
- IQ. DRIVE: Travel Assist with adaptive lane guidance, Front Assist with pedestrian monitoring, lane assist, emergency assist, adaptive cruise control, side assist, rear cross traffic alert, park assist, front and rear parking sensors, driver fatigue detection and 360 degree occupant protection
- Rear view camera
- LED headlights with high beam assist; LED taillights
- 18-inch Kingston alloys (space saver spare)
- 8-inch Discover Media navigation system with voice and gesture control
- Digital Cockpit Pro
- App-Connect including wired and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and wireless phone charging
- 3-zone climate control with front and rear touch controls
- Auto lights and wipers
- Electric folding and heated mirrors
- Easy Open and Close Electric tailgate
|Metallic paint ;
(Pyrite Silver, Platinum Grey, Atlantic Blue,
Deep Black pearl effect)
|King’s Red Premium||$1100|
(Vienna Leather appointed upholstery, electrically adjustable
Driver’s seat with memory function, heated and ventilated front seats and a panoramic electric glass sunroof)
|Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Elegance||$56,990 (162TSI)|
Standard equipment (additional to Allspace Life):
- 19-inch Auckland alloys and space saver spare
- 2.0 litre 4-cylinder TSI 162kW/350Nm; 7-speed DSG; 4MOTION (162TSI)
- 2.0 litre 4-cylinder TDI 147kW/400Nm; 7-speed DSG; 4MOTION (147TDI)
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated front row and outer second row seats
- Adaptive chassis control
- IQ Light Matrix LED headlights with dynamic indicators
- 9.2-inch Discover Pro navigation with voice and gesture control
- Tinted rear windows
- 30 colour ambient interior lighting
- Additional chrome and silver styling elements
|Metallic paint||As above|
|Sound & Vision Package (Head-up display, Area view, Harman Kardon premium sound system)||$2600|
|Panoramic electric glass sunroof||$2100|
|Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace R-Line||$60,190 (162TSI)|
Standard equipment (additional to Allspace Elegance):
- 20-inch Misano alloys
- Progressive steering
- Premium LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- R-Line Vienna leather appointed trim
- R-Line steering wheel with Touch haptic feedback buttons
- R-Line front and rear bumpers
- R-Line side sills
- R-Line rear spoiler
- R-Line badges on front grille and side spears
- Stainless steel pedals
- Black headliner
As per Elegance