Ford’s all-new Transit Custom range in Australia is set to double, with confirmation that the stylish Transit Custom Sport Van, and versatile Transit Custom Sport Double Cab, will both be offered to local customers in 2024.
The two new additions will arrive alongside the already confirmed Transit Custom Trend Short- and Long-Wheelbase, and offer Australian businesses a commercial vehicle that doesn’t compromise on looks, comfort or capability.
First added to the Transit Custom family in 2019, the Sport series vans add handsome exterior styling elements with a unique body kit and sport stripes, and are highly sought after by customers wanting to make a visual statement. The MY24.5 Transit Custom Sport Van is priced from $59,990, while the Transit Sport Custom Double Cab will be available from $62,990.
With the addition of the two new variants, the engine and transmission is unchanged, with the 2.0-litre turbocharged EcoBlue Diesel engine fitted to all Transit Custom variants. Paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission, 125kW and 390Nm is delivered to the front wheels.
Despite its added style, the Transit Custom Sport doesn’t compromise on substance, boasting a GCM of 5525kg and GVM of 3025kg, allowing owners to tow and haul cargo with confidence. The 2002kg kerb weight1 means the Transit Custom Sport Van lives up to the legendary capability of the nameplate with more than a tonne of payload2 capacity. The Transit Custom Double Cab has a kerb weight1 of 2171kg, resulting in 854kg of payload2 capacity. Transit Custom will have a maximum braked towing capacity of 2500kg3.
Transit Custom Sport Double Cab boosts people-carrying ability, with space for five occupants versus the three available in all other Transit Custom variants thanks to the addition of a second row of seats. This allows owners to choose a Transit Custom that fits into their busy work and life schedules, with people and load carrying versatility unmatched in the range.
Along with the exterior changes, the Transit Custom Sport series benefits from the same design changes that helped make the entire Transit Custom range the 2024 International Van of the Year4. This includes ease-of-use improvements such as a lower floor space for ease of loading cargo, and a flat-floor cabin design making cross-cab access easy.
Along with the standard ‘Frozen White’, Transit Custom Sport Van and Sport Double Cab customers will be able to choose from five additional optional prestige paint colours5 – Agate Black, Magentic, Moondust Silver, Grey Matter and Digital Aqua Blue. Both can also be optioned with a rear liftgate5 instead of the standard rear barndoors for $700, while the Transit Custom Sport can be fitted dual side load doors without windows5 as a $1000 option.
Both short- and long-wheelbase versions of the Transit Custom Trend gain integrated roof racks which can carry 155kg6 when using all three cross bars.
Trend LWB customers can now also choose to option the Secure Visibility Pack5, and Load Space Air Conditioning5, for $1500 and $700 respectively.
The Secure Visibility Pack5 is an all-new option for the Transit Custom Trend LWB and offers an exceptional level of security giving owners peace of mind that their vehicle, and the goods stored within, are as safe as possible. This option includes steel rear doors in lieu of the standard rear barndoors with windows, and a metal bulkhead (without window). Helping give customers wanting additional security the reassurance they seek, the pack also includes a Digital Rear View Mirror with integrated dash cam. The Digital Rear View Mirror consists of a mirror equipped with rear and front camera, allowing the customer to switch between regular mirror mode and intelligent digital view. In addition to providing a larger rear view while driving this innovative digital mirror provides a rear view regardless of any obstruction in the loadspace.
The integrated dash cam provides a view of the front and rear of the vehicle and can be operated via the mirror itself or through the ReVu App. Different recording modes are available such as background timelapse, snapshots, short video, or on demand and events. The integrated dash cam records the front and the rear view simultaneously and data will be displayed in sequence.
Distinct from refrigeration, the Transit Custom’s Load Space Air Conditioning option provides temperature control for the load space. This would suit small businesses transporting plants, florals, cakes, pets or anyone looking to keep their cargo space climate controlled on a hot Australian Summer’s day.
Further specification for the Transit Custom Sport and Custom Sport Double Cab will be announced closer to local arrivals in late-Q3, 2024.
The recommended Manufacturers List Price (MLP) for the 2024.50MY Transit Custom is as follows:
|MLP (Incl. GST*)
|Trend SWB Van
|Trend LWB Van
|Sport SWB Van
|Sport LWB Double Cab
- Kerb Weight includes the vehicle with a full tank of fuel, without occupants, luggage or cargo and with all standard equipment. Additional weight of optional features must be taken into account when calculating kerb weight.
- Subject to State and Territory regulations. Payload is defined as the Gross Vehicle Mass minus the kerb weight. Payload is the maximum combined value of occupants, cargo, added options, added structures and tow ball download (when towing). GVM must not be exceeded.
- Maximum towing capacity braked using a Ford Licenced Accessory or an appropriate aftermarket towbar and trailer brake controller. Subject to State and Territory regulations. To comply with these limits, occupants and / or luggage may need to be restricted to not exceed the GCM and GVM limits. For further details regarding passenger and luggage restrictions, please consult your authorized Ford Dealer and / or refer to the Owner’s Manual.
- Awarded by International Van of the Year: https://van-of-the-year.com/.
- Regular Production Options are optional and available at additional cost and must be ordered before the vehicle is manufactured.
- Weight capacity refers to dynamic load condition. 155kg load rating applies to loads applied evenly across all 3 cross bars, maximum load capacity loaded across 2 crossbars is 75kg. Refer to the vehicle’s owner manual for further information.