Fleetmatics commissioned ACA Research to survey Australian businesses to better understand the needs of fleet owners, their business priorities around fleet management, the key challenges faced in managing their fleets and how these are being tackled.
They found out some interesting statistics:
- 75% of Australian fleet owners agree that reducing fuel and labour costs in their business is a business priority.
- 70% of Australian fleet owners say staff are using company vehicles for personal travel.
- 73% of Australian fleet owners agree that personal use of company vehicles wastes fuel and increases fuel costs.
- 55% of the businesses recognised idling as something that is happening and unnecessary idling is diminishing their fleets’ productivity.
- 53% of Australian fleet owners acknowledge that staff are using company fuel cards to fill up their personal vehicle.
- 61% of Australian fleet owners cite that their staff are driving company vehicles carelessly or negligently.
To read the full report click here.