At the end of the first day of the 2021 Australasian Fleet Conference and Exhibition everyone gets to unwind and celebrate the winners of the annual fleet awards dinner. It’s when the real networking starts after a day of informative and diverse educational sessions.
The winner of the 2021 Fleet Environment Award sponsored by Hyundai was ACT Government. It was accepted by Geoffrey Rutledge, Deputy Director-General for Sustainability and the Built Environment.
Everyone at the awards dinner was delighted to see a government win this award after the recent negative policy announcements by state governments impacting electric vehicles.
The key achievements that made ACT Government stand out for the award were:
- A change in policy so all newly leased ACT Government passenger fleet vehicles will be zero emissions vehicles (ZEVs) from 2020–21.
- 20 hydrogen vehicles introduced, alongside Australia’s first public hydrogen refuelling station.
- A public commitment to roll out 50 EV fast chargers by June 2022.
- Providers of Australia’s first electric fire truck, due for delivery in 2022.
- Free vehicle registration for new ZEVs for two years to be introduced shortly.
- Goal for all ACT vehicle sales to be zero emission by 2030.
- 33% reduction in emissions from Government operations by 2025.
- 142 Zero Emission Vehicles in the fleet.
Congratulations to everyone from the ACT Government involved in these fantastic initiatives.