What are the top 5 features fleet drivers want? With so much diversity in fleet carparks in 2021, it’s hard to believe they were all chosen with a ‘Fit for Purpose’ approach. A Fleet Manager can choose from a multitude of makes and models packed with technology and fuel efficient hybrid engines. If they asked the drivers, how would they pick a fleet vehicle?
The answers would reflect the lifestyle of the individual. People want cars that match their interests and stage of life. That’s what makes novated leasing so popular and explains why 4X4 utes have been the top sellers for so long.
At FAN we think there would be some common features the full time road warriors would choose regardless of the brand or vehicle type. Some are related to safety and some make you more efficient during a day on the road. Most are for personal comfort.
Here’s the FAN top 5:
- Keyless entry and push button start
- Manufacturers should give up on the metal key before someone gets hurt.
- Climate control air conditioning
- You get a consistent temperature when working in an office; why not in your car?
- Mirrors that fold in when the car is locked
- How many times have you asked yourself; did I lock the car? Folding mirrors provide the answer at a glance.
- Apple CarPlay
- Bluetooth made it safer to use your phone in the car. Apple CarPlay has made the smartphone part of the car. Wireless CarPlay provides the next level of convenience.
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- If you’re willing to hand over control, this modern safety feature can change your life on the road. It will reduce your stress and your risk of a low speed collision.
We had many debates to cut the list down to 5 but after spending many years as road warriors, we think we’ve nailed it. When your car becomes your office you lose the benefits of being in an office so little things are important.
In the future businesses may flip their view of the road warrior and the ‘poverty pack’ fleet car may be a thing of the past. Instead of focusing on purchase price and asset utilisation, they will focus on human productivity.
Technology startups give their employees bean bags, ping pong tables and free drinks on Fridays to make work more fun and productive, so why shouldn’t road warriors get high spec vehicles and unlimited coffee from Maccas? Dare to dream…