Managing a plant and vehicle fleet is challenging and requires the application of a broad range of knowledge. IPWEA is committed to helping develop your, and your teams fleet management skills so that you’re ready for the challenges you face on a day-to-day basis.
The IPWEA Fleet Management Certificate has a long-standing reputation for being relevant, practical and accessible. IPWEA have now built on that tradition with the new Fleet Management Certificate providing updated and enhanced content with improved delivery and support.
The Fleet Management Certificate covers six need-to-know units that provide a foundation for professional fleet management. Areas covered include:
- Utilisation – How to collect, analyse and use utilisation data to make important asset life cycle decisions.
- Financial Management – Key finance skills in non-financial language covering areas such as budgets, whole of life costs and fleet financing.
- Procurement – Addressing the skills and knowledge required to undertake the procurement of fleet assets including; identifying requirements, planning, preparing tender documentation and conducting a tender assessment
- Maintenance Management – Fleet maintenance is critical to safety, operational effectiveness and cost management. This unit provides students with the principles and systems necessary to support sound maintenance practice.
- Service Level Agreement – This unit provides students with a framework to constructively work with their customers and other stakeholders to establish standards and deliver services.
- Regulatory Requirements – This unit focuses of Workplace Health and Safety and Heavy Vehicle National Law / Chain of Responsibility from a fleet practitioner’s perspective and presents a risk-based model for compliance management.
In addition to great content, delivery of the Fleet Management Certificate has been enhanced with multi-media delivery through our learning management system. All necessary content is provided online, including access to the IPWEA Plant and Vehicle Management Manual. Students are supported with live online tutorials and mentoring by experienced fleet practitioners. The course is conducted over approximately 12 weeks so you’ll be qualified and ready to apply your new skills fast.
As a graduate of the Fleet Management Certificate, you not only receive invaluable knowledge and develop important skills, but you also receive a digital badge so that you can share your achievement on social networks like LinkedIn. You can also use the post-nominal FMCert so people know you have achieved this industry-recognised qualification.
At IPWEA, we believe now is the time to invest in professional development. By undertaking the IPWEA Fleet Management Certificate you can add tangible value to your organisation and your CV.