When Isuzu UTE released the MY22 updates for the D-MAX, they also launched a model which would be great for novated lease buyers because it has the features that are practical for families with an active lifestyle.
The D-MAX LS-U+ is a “dual-purpose dual cab” is the perfect motoring solution for lifestyle family buyers looking for a versatile, do-it-all utilitarian with premium levels of comfort, the space for hauling tools during the workweek and the towing capacity to pull the boat or caravan on the weekend.
“Designed with the feedback from Australian owners and the media in mind, we are proud to expand the D-MAX range to include the new LS-U+, which combines new-levels of comfort and convenience with the proven capability of the third-generation D-MAX in a clever package,” said Isuzu UTE Australia Managing Director, Hiroyasu Sato.
Slotting into the 2022 range—in between flagship X-TERRAIN and the mid-spec LS-U—the new D-MAX LS-U+ Crew Cab Ute 4×4 Auto features similar equipment as the 22MY LS-U Crew Cab Ute, but with the addition of premium black leather-accented upholstery and interior trims. The interior trim is modern and ergonomic, with a sumptuous black leather-accented interior, 8-way power assisted driver’s seat with power lumbar support and a premium-leather bound steering wheel—equipped with reach and rake adjustment to optimise the driver’s position and comfort. Sitting dominantly in the centre of the dash is a 9-inch high-definition infotainment system, featuring voice recognition, in-built Sat-Nav, DAB+ radio, and the latest in smartphone mirroring, with Android Auto™ and wireless Apple CarPlay®—allowing the driver a full hands-free experience whilst on the road. Elevating the journey experience for all occupants is a premium 8-speaker surround sound system and dual zone air conditioning—enabling the driver and passenger to precisely control the temperature of their side of the cabin to the exact degree—with rear passengers also benefiting from rear air vents.
Convenience is further enhanced with the welcomed addition of a Smart Key, which provides Smart Keyless Entry, Push Button Start, Welcome Light, and Walk Away Door Lock. Similar to the system on the X-TERRAIN, the Welcome Light will illuminate the cabin when it detects the key is within 2-meters of the vehicle and the Walk Away Door Lock will automatically lock the vehicle when the Smart Key is detected more than 3-meters away.
In line with all 22MY D-MAX models, the LS-U+ is rubber-stamped with a 5 star ANCAP safety rating and comes standard with Isuzu’s Intelligent Driver Assistance System (IDAS), an advanced suite of driver safety and assistance technologies, which has elevated the D-MAX range to one of the safest vehicles on Australian roads. Utilising a state-of-the-art Hitachi 3D Stereo Camera that actively detects other motorists, pedestrians and cyclists, the LS-U+ features the latest in autonomous, active and passive safety technology. Headlining the list of standard IDAS technologies is Autonomous Emergency Braking with Turn Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Sign Recognition, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Keep Assist, 8-airbags including a knee and centre-airbag (far-side airbag) and many more potentially life-saving features. As part of the IDAS suite, the LS-U+ features the new Lane Support System (LSS) Switch, located on the steering wheel. This allows the driver the ability to toggle all Lane Support Systems – Lane Keep Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Departure Prevention (LDP), and Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK) – on-or-off, by pressing and holding the switch for two seconds.
Built with Isuzu’s commercial vehicle DNA, featuring a high-tensile steel body on ladder-frame chassis design, the LS-U+ is powered by Isuzu’s famed 3.0-litre, 4JJ3-TCX, turbo-diesel engine, generating 140kW of power and 450Nm of torque. Capitalising on the wide and smooth torque delivery, the engine is exclusively paired with an intuitive six-speed automatic transmission.
Living up to the utilitarian promise, the LS-U+ 4×4—like all 22MY 4×4 D-MAX utes—is rated with a Gross Combination Mass of 6,000kg, a 3,100kg Gross Vehicle Mass and a 3.5-tonne braked towing capacity. With Isuzu customer surveys detailing that close to half of all Isuzu owners tow with their vehicle, the D-MAX LS-U+ is equipped with a factory-fitted tow bar receiver as standard. And, a ute wouldn’t be a ute without a usable tray, with the LS-U+ equipped with a factory-fitted under rail tub liner installed inside the generously-sized 1,570mm x 1,530mm x 490mm (length x width x depth) tray.
Off-road the LS-U+ is as capable as they come, equipped with Isuzu’s Terrain Command 4×4 with 2-High, 4-High and 4-Low drive modes, an electromagnetic rear differential lock and a sizeable ground clearance of 240mm. The all-important trifecta of off-road angles measuring up among the best in the range, with approach, departure and ramp-over angles measuring in at 30.5°, 19.0° and 23.8° respectively. Water crossings are taken in its stride too, with water wading depth of up to 800mm—which is up there with the best in its class.
D-MAX LS-U+ highlights:
- Isuzu’s Intelligent Driver Assistance System (IDAS) with Lane Support System (LSS) Switch, including:
- 8 airbags – dual front, dual seat side, dual full length curtain, front knee and centre (far-side)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with Turn Assist
- Post-Collision Braking
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Misacceleration Mitigation (MAM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Intelligent Speed Limiter (ISL)
- Manual Speed Limiter
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK)
- Driver Attention Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Hill Decent Control (HDC)
- Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Roll Over Mitigation (ROM)
- Reversing Camera with guidelines
- Rear Parking Sensors
- ISOFIX compatible anchor points across two seats, with two top-tether points
- 240mm ground clearance, with 5°approach, 19.0° departure and 23.8° ramp-over angles.
- 3-litre turbo-diesel engine (4JJ3-TCX) with 140kW/450Nm, with a six-speed automatic.
- 4×4 Terrain Command, with 2-High, 4-High and 4-Low drive modes and Rear Diff-Lock.
- Gross Vehicle Mass: 3,100kg.
- Gross Combination Mass: 6,000kg.
- Braked/unbraked towing capacity: 3,500kg/750kg.
- 3-litre turbo-diesel engine (4JJ3-TCX) with 140kW/450Nm, 6-speed auto and 4×4 drivetrain.
- 4×4 Terrain Command and Rear Diff-Lock.
- 3-leaf standard rear suspension.
- Premium black leather steering wheel and gear knob.
- Premium black leather-accented upholstery and interior trims.
- 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat.
- Power adjustable lumbar support on driver’s seat.
- Variable Heated Front Seats.
- Dual zone air conditioning with rear air vents.
- 9” infotainment display with Voice Recognition, DAB+ radio, Sat-Nav, Android Auto™ and wireless Apple CarPlay®, with 8-speakers.
- Automatic windshield wipers with intuitive flat wiper blade design.
- Smart Keyless Entry, with Push Button Start, Welcome Light and Walk Away Door Lock.
- Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror.
- Dual Vanity Mirror Lights.
- Heated Door Mirrors.
- Smart wet wiper blades.
- Signature Isuzu top glove box.
- Chrome Door handles, tailgate handle, handbrake button, side mirrors and front grille.
- Automatic Bi-LED headlights with LED daytime running lights (DRL), with auto-levelling and automatic high beam control.
- LED fog lights.
- LED combination taillights.
- Under Rail Tub Liner.
- Tow Bar Receiver.
- 18” machined-face alloy wheels with 265/60R18 Bridgestone 684II HT tyres.
Since redefining the Ute market in late-2020, Isuzu’s third-generation D-MAX range has earned its keep in the driveways of many Australians, with close to 22,000 examples sold locally in 2021 alone. Proving popular amongst families, the addition of the LS-U+ ensures that buyers have more choice when it comes to selecting their ideal Isuzu Ute, with the range also joined by the addition of two new tray-back variants, the LS-M Crew Cab Chassis and the LS-U Crew Cab Chassis—both fitted with a 1,800mm x 1,777mm (Length x Width) alloy or steel tray.
The LS-U+ remains exclusively available with a style cab body, with a selection of tonneaus and canopies available from the Isuzu UTE Genuine Accessories catalogue. An Isuzu UTE Genuine rear tonneau provides security and protection from the elements for items stored in the tray. There’s the traditional soft vinyl loopless tonneau with clip-in sides and a painted hard lift-up tonneau with an integrated LED light, dual gas struts and remote central locking using the D-MAX key for convenience—with both soft and hard options available to accommodate a genuine sports bar. Adding a touch of convenience to the rear tray, an electric roller tonneau can be optioned onto the LS-U+, allowing the operator to open and close the rear tonneau at the push of a button and includes integrated LED lighting. For the DIY crowd, a manually operated lockable roller tonneau cover is also available. The genuine canopy adds a combination of convenient lockable pop-out or sliding windows, making the LS-U+ highly versatile when carrying a load. With the LS-U+ equipped with a factory-fitted tub liner and tow bar receiver, customers can tailor their vehicle to their specific towing needs, with an optional 7-or-12 pin plug, electronic brake controller, tow tongue insert with 50mm ball and a weight distribution hitch—all available from the Isuzu UTE Genuine Accessories catalogue.
Backed with confidence, the D-MAX LS-U+ comes standard with Isuzu UTE Australia’s comprehensive ownership care package program, Service Plus 6-7-7; encompassing a 6 Year/150,000km Warranty, up to 7 Years Roadside Assistance when serviced through IUA Dealers and 7 Year Capped Price Servicing (CPS) program.
Priced at $61,900 (plus on-road costs) and was available from 1st December 2021, the LS-U+ can be optioned in a selection of finishes, including Mineral White, Basalt Black mica, Cobalt Blue mica, Mercury Silver metallic, Obsidian Grey metallic, Marble White pearl and Magnetic Red mica.